This post contains affiliate links. Read the full disclosure here.
Bose soundbar comes with a remote when you newly bought it and they do not have a power button to power them on. The remote seems the only option many users think they can use to control the Bose soundbar. However, in a situation when the remote is not available, what will you do? In such a situation, many users become worried as they don’t know what to do.
Are you in this kind of dilemma and you don’t know what to do? Well, you can still use the Bose soundbar without a remote. You think that is impossible right? Read on for more information on how you can use the Bose soundbar without a remote.
- 1 Can I use the Bose soundbar without a remote?
- 2 How can I use the Bose soundbar without a remote?
- 3 Can I use another remote for my Bose soundbar?
- 4 What other type of remote can I use for the Bose soundbar?
- 5 How can I fix Bose remote not working for my soundbar?
- 6 How can I replace my Bose remote?
- 7 Can You Use Bose Soundbar Without Remote – Conclusion
Can I use the Bose soundbar without a remote?
It is always comfortable when you control your gadgets with a remote. You could be at a point and easily control a gadget that is far from you.
You can control most of the products from Bose with a remote. However, in a situation where the remote is unavailable and you desire to make use of the soundbar, you then begin to worry if the Bose soundbar will work without a remote.
Don’t panic when you are in this type of situation because you can use the Bose soundbar without a remote.
How can I use the Bose soundbar without a remote?
Though the remote makes it convenient for you to use the soundbar, do not, however, think it will be difficult for you to use the soundbar when you do not have a remote.
There are alternative means to using the Bose soundbar without a remote. Here is a list of how you can use the Bose soundbar without a remote.
This is a feature that allows you to turn on your Bose products automatically without a remote. If the feature is on, the Bose soundbar will power on immediately when it receives sound.
However, you must have turned on this feature when you still have access to the Bose remote control. If you want to turn it on, you should long-press the power button on the remote for about five seconds.
Hold on to the power button until you hear sound and the LED light on the soundbar blinks amber color. In addition, when this feature is on, the soundbar will power off automatically after twenty minutes if there is no connection.
Bose Music app
With the Bose Music app, you do not need a remote before you use the soundbar. The first thing you should do is download the Bose Music app on your phone and update your soundbar.
This app gives you access to numerous music and your other favorites. All your favorites on different apps, such as Amazon, Spotify, internet radio, etc will be accessed on the Bose Music app. With a simple tap on the app, your soundbar will be connected and you are ready to go.
Bose remote space application
Why do you have to buy a new remote when you can download Bose application that will help you use the soundbar with ease? With this application, you can perform a lot of functions.
You will not only turn on the soundbar, but you can also increase or decrease the volume, mute the soundbar, and perform other functions. Interestingly, the app is free.
Can I use another remote for my Bose soundbar?
All products from Bose are of high quality and come with a warranty. If handled properly, the Bose remote will last longer.
However, in a situation where the Bose remote is not available and you desire to control the soundbar with a remote. Many users then ask if they can use another remote to control the soundbar.
Yes, you can use another remote for the soundbar and it will work perfectly. However, not all types of remote will work with the Bose soundbar. Read on for more information on this.
What other type of remote can I use for the Bose soundbar?
It has been stated earlier in this guide that you can use another remote for the Bose soundbar. Here is a list of other types of remote you can use for your soundbar.
Most of the new devices produced now come with this feature. If the soundbar is connected to the TV through an HDMI cable, it will be possible for you to use it without the Bose remote.
Check the menu on the TV for HDMI-CEC options and enable this feature. When this is done, you will be able to use the TV remote for the Bose soundbar.
However, depending on the brand of your TV, you might not see the name as CEC. For instance, some brands will call it E-link, Fun-Link, INlink, etc. Just read the manual for your TV for more information on this.
Universal remote control
A remote that sends IR infrared command will work with the soundbar. In the universal remote programming instruction, you can see a list of codes you can try.
You can try all the codes provided there and see if any of them will work for the Bose soundbar. However, universal remote might not have the codes that will control the Bose soundbar optimally.
Teach your soundbar the command from another remote
You may teach your soundbar the volume and mute command of another remote that sends an infrared command, even if it is not a universal remote.
The Bose soundbar will not work on a remote that sends radio frequency commands. If you want to do this, press and hold the TV button on your Bose remote control until the Bluetooth light on the soundbar blinks thrice. When this happens, you should press the volume plus button.
When you are through with this, you should then press and hold the volume up on the remote you want to configure the soundbar with.
Do this until the soundbar gives you a tone. If the LED light on the soundbar blinks amber color twice, it means it has learned the command.
However, if the LED light on the soundbar blinks red color twice, it means it did not learn the command. You can repeat the process if the soundbar does not learn the command. When you are repeating the process, you can make use of the volume down button.
How can I fix Bose remote not working for my soundbar?
When you press the Bose remote and the soundbar is not responding, there might be a need for you to either check the remote or the soundbar. Here is a list of what you can do to troubleshoot Bose remote control that is not working.
- Check the soundbar: Try to check if the soundbar is properly connected. If it is not connected, you can connect it, then press the remote and see if it will work.
- Change outlet: If the soundbar is connected to a power surge, you can change the outlet and see if it would work. In addition, check if both ends of the cable are connected properly.
- Replace the battery: The fault might be from the battery. The battery in the remote might not be strong enough to power the Bose remote.
- Try the remote with another device: You can try the remote on another device and see if it will work. If it works, there might be a problem with the soundbar.
- Unplug the soundbar: If the problem persists, you can unplug the soundbar and plug it in again.
How can I replace my Bose remote?
The Bose remote is durable and it is rare before it develops a fault. However, in a situation when the remote is lost or damaged and there is a need for you to get another remote.
It is not the kind of remote you can get in any retail shop that sells remote. Highlighted below are the steps you can take when you want to get a new Bose remote.
- Make an order: When you want a replacement for your remote or you want to buy another one, the first thing you should do is to go on Bose website and make an order for a new remote. In addition, you can also make the order or Bose mobile app.
- Make payment: The page will ask you to make payment for the receipt. The Bose remote will cost you $14. You can then fill in your delivery details once you make payment.
- Wait for delivery: You can then wait for delivery once you fulfil the steps highlighted above. You will be sent a notification of how soon the remote will be delivered to you. In addition, you can also track the remote if it is taking longer than necessary before it gets delivered to you.
Can You Use Bose Soundbar Without Remote – Conclusion
You do not necessarily need a remote before you use the Bose soundbar. The different methods highlighted in this guide will be helpful when you want to use the Bose soundbar without a remote.